Sensor (filter) repair

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP dwkyre Regular Member • Posts: 187
Re: Sensor (filter) repair

jalywol wrote:

There is some history of dirt accumulating under the filter in the sensor stack with these bodies. The solution is, indeed, to have the sensor replaced.

As far as I know, all of the people who've had a problem with this sent it back to Panasonic service in TX (if you are in the USA). I don't know off the top of my head how much it costs, though, and they are terrible about communication, so I think the only way to get an idea is to just send it off to them and have them estimate the repair.

Others may have more direct info on this, but that's what I remember from prior postings about the issue.

-J

If the full sensor needs replacing, it probably is not worth it. I can only imagine what that cost would be. When it first happened, I did contact Panasonic. I got a vague answer about sending it in with no cost estimate, so I did not bother. At the time, the GM5 was easy enough to pick up as a replacement, and I liked gaining the EVF. It seemed like repairs could not be much less than a GM5 at the price it was going for (I think I got mine for $550).

If it comes to replacing the whole sensor, I might need to wait some more time to see if the GM1 appreciates...

dwkyre's gear list:dwkyre's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow