Sensor (filter) repair

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dwkyre Regular Member • Posts: 187
Sensor (filter) repair

I came to M43 for the GM1. I loved that camera when I got it, and it led me to carry my camera everywhere, which really improved my photography. Unfortunately, I probably got a little too enthusiastic about the small kit, and started changing lenses in compromised places. I ended up with some corrosion of some sort that turns up in all my photos. Took it to two different camera shops, and neither could get the sensor clean. I think there might be some etching or something on the filter stack.

I bought a GM5 and modified my behavior a bit, and have been happy ever since, but I have kept in the back of my mind the question of whether that GM1 could be repaired. Has anyone swapped out the filter on a camera like this? It is probably not easy, another question would be whether anyone knows of a good place to have it done. Given the fact that the GM cameras are fairly unique, I feel like it might be worth doing, even though I expect the cost to be on the high side.

I have also thought this might be a good chance to get myself an IR conversion camera, but I don’t know if I would care enough to make that worth it.

dwkyre's gear list:dwkyre's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow