Why do you buy fast lenses/cameras?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 43,500
Re: Why do you buy fast lenses/cameras?

sportyaccordy wrote:

Cameras are the main if not only reason people are upgrading their phones these days, which is why phone companies are pouring so much R&D money into them. Performance otherwise is more than good enough and has been for years.

I do not believe that is true and you don't know that either. In fact what I see is just the opposite, The vast majority are casual photographers and care little about the quality of their camera phones. They find they are good enough now.

Camera phone advocates constantly declare that the camera phones as they exist are good enough for the vast majority of the population and then turn around and say it's the driving force behind sales. You can't have it both ways.

I get it- you hate camera phones and want them to go away. But don't confuse your wishes with facts. Even if cell phone sales cut in half, that's still a hundred million iPhones and 500 million phones in total- orders of magnitude higher than the 5-6 million or so ILC sales the industry will probably settle at. If you really think people are going to stop taking pictures with phones you're either crazy or completely clueless.

Why would I want camera phones to go away? I find mine very useful for many things, use it all the time, find it good for what I use it for and wouldn't buy a phone without one. I will not delude myself into believing they will ever be anywhere near as good as my dedicated cameras.

It's amusing the way you are attempting to deflect the discussion to something that is totally irrelevant to the discussion like some politician who doesn't have a good argument.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow