Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Donald B
Donald B Forum Pro • Posts: 13,315
Re: Ignorance is bliss

golfhov wrote:

Donald B wrote:

golfhov wrote:

Donald B wrote:

Good marketing. Concidering all face and eye detect are pdaf the camera is going to focus on the closest part of t h e animal anyway.guess which part of that's going to be

No. It actually attempts to focus on the eye. Nothing else. In practice it can fail. Have you used it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sony+animal+eye+af&oq=sony+animal+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l2j69i60l2.8476j0j9&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Don

You wouldn’t no what it was focusing on because the dof on the dog was in front of the eye.

What are you going on about? Depends on the dog and angles

The eye wasn’t in the center of the focus plane. Good PDAF though.

I have no idea which article or video you are commenting on because there were many inn that link.

I ve done a lot of reading and testing my own system. And eye detect is a big con.

On YOUR system it may be. Same as the Z was recently heavily tested here and DPR explained the struggles. Sony's eye af has been used by hundreds or thousands of member here consistently over the years and is demonstrably accurate.

no it’s not. Didn’t you see the a74 tests was miles out. As I said go do some serious testing and you will figure it out .dof plays a big part of the con .and PDAF is go into focus on the closest eye anyway when a face is turned. It’s about as funny as someone the other day posting that his phone has great face detect on a full body portrait lol . Of coarse it did because the dof is 10 feet . As I said I have done some extensive testing in my studio over the last week . You are better off using back button focus lock and Caf tracking. For half body shots and head and shoulders.

Don

Don

Sigh.......

-- hide signature --

Olympus EM5mk2 ,EM1mk2
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9412035244
past toys. k100d, k10d,k7,fz5,fz150,500uz,canon G9, Olympus xz1 em5mk1

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow