Tilt-Shift lens worth it?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Ed Rizk Veteran Member • Posts: 3,471
Re: Tilt-Shift lens worth it?

JackM wrote:

Ed Rizk wrote:

For me, shifting the lens is the rule, rather than the exception.

That is certainly a valid approach and will generate the best results. Great examples. However the question of "is it worth it" is different than "what is the best lens?" I would like to have a 17mm TS-E, but I have been getting along fine without one. A few examples: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62898513

Very nice shots, as were others of yours that I have seen.

Some of mine are for my own listings, so if the improvement gets me one more prospect that closes a deal, it pays for the lens.   If it's a really good prospect, it pays for the whole system.   My straight photography work for other brokers has made me a profit well above my equipment, but I don't know if or how many more I have than I would if I stuck with my 60D and 10-22 lens.

If, as you say, it will generate the best results, I'm happy.   One never knows what little improvement pushes a deal over the edge, so I do the best I can in the time I have.

-- hide signature --

Ed Rizk

Ed Rizk's gear list:Ed Rizk's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow