Peter Lik

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
SonyOB Contributing Member • Posts: 679
Re: Peter Lik in the pudding

A lonely wolf cannot create a business scheme. You need somebody who can organize and delegate. We are great apes but we are not bonobos or chimps. Our social structures are a lot more complicated. What an alpha human being does, he uses the effort of other people to get him what he wants while giving them a reason to keep on delivering. That might be money or drugs. redemption, social status or just the permit to survive.

You seem to be stuck on the fact that the concept of 'alpha' originates from wolf studies.
It is a very viable concept, seems to be the law in most sociable land animals.
Drawing parallels from animal studies to human society is great fun but other than giving directions to social psychological studies, have very little value outside their original realm.
I know that the liberal ideology is at odds with the idea that someone is born with qualities that the other people in the neighborhood do not have. It is one of the comforting lies the postmodern snowflakes use as their Charlie Brown blankets.

Seriously, are you suggesting that the business of Peter Lik just sort of happened?
LIke he did not have a vision about how to make money off his skills or talent?
Are you suggesting that he made it all alone, without an organization?
That somebody gave him all he's got? A fairy grandmother? Who?
Nothin he did had anything to do with the position where he is today.

Peter Lik's yearly income is estimated between 100 000 - 1000 000 USD.
Reliable figures do not exist. His real estate business is not in those figures.
Still, pretty nice for an Aussie with a Czech background who was given a camera at the age of 8. He did not stay at home waiting for somebody to give him the life he wanted.
He made it himself. Maybe in the modern memetics he would be classified as an omega, one who makes his success according to his/her personal values, rather than the prevailing consumer society. Semantics. Should we take Reddit or 4chan as authorities?

I would not write this to support a person I really do not care much for, but it bothers me how jealous people try to pump up their deflated egos by pulling other people down.

-- hide signature --

"If your pictures are not good enough, you need to buy some more stuff from Amazon"
(Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon)

SonyOB's gear list:SonyOB's gear list
Sony RX100 V Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a7 III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow