jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,676
Re: two second is not fast

golfhov wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

golfhov wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

golfhov wrote:

For starters

For compatabile subjects it isolates the eyes too. Anybody who has worked extensively with various larger dog breeds knows/nose at close distances their snout can be problematic and cause bad misses even stopped down a little

This is something you may know if you had used it.......

..this is not a dog or cat or something else..

..using my D850 with face-detection enabled..

..D850, sooc jpeg.. (face-detection enabled)

..Cheers, John..

Uh......he is posing for you hardly a challenge. If your D850 called that a face I would hate to see how many false positives you get. I guess that is why the Z series starts locking onto random objects

Posting that pic is a bit like my experiences with my black lab. SOMETIMES the ham eye detect would see a face and lock in. It wasn't predictable or dependable so saying that Sony HAD animal eye af before they did would be disingenuous

..it took me about 2 seconds to take this picture..

..as there are other photographers in the waiting..

..completely took advantage of the D850 "face-detection" feature to NOT have the auto-focus on the tip of the fake gun instead of the "eyes"..

I still don't know what you are bragging about...........

it isn't shallow DOF (55 f4) and it isn't a fast subject. This is a pic I could have taken with my 6d just as quickly

If your point was to show off how useless another feature is you failed. You only showcased that a feature is "useless for you" or that you are not very knowledgeable on the subject

..Cheers, John..

..To each their's own..

..I thought we were talking about the camera's ability to auto eye focus..

..I never downplayed your 6D or someone elses D3 cameras ability to focus on the eyes with the right person behind the wheels..

..the Nikon's face-detection feature (on the D5, D850, D500, D7500) can work well, whether a dog is sitting or running..

..I really don't understand "why" you are getting all uptight about..

..as my response was in support of your statement about larger dogs with their noses can be "problematic"..

..Cheers, John..

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Nikon Coolpix P1000 Canon PowerShot SX70
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow