Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
golfhov Forum Pro • Posts: 10,614
two second is not fast

jshen808 wrote:

golfhov wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

golfhov wrote:

For starters

For compatabile subjects it isolates the eyes too. Anybody who has worked extensively with various larger dog breeds knows/nose at close distances their snout can be problematic and cause bad misses even stopped down a little

This is something you may know if you had used it.......

..this is not a dog or cat or something else..

..using my D850 with face-detection enabled..

..D850, sooc jpeg.. (face-detection enabled)

..Cheers, John..

Uh......he is posing for you hardly a challenge. If your D850 called that a face I would hate to see how many false positives you get. I guess that is why the Z series starts locking onto random objects

Posting that pic is a bit like my experiences with my black lab. SOMETIMES the ham eye detect would see a face and lock in. It wasn't predictable or dependable so saying that Sony HAD animal eye af before they did would be disingenuous

..it took me about 2 seconds to take this picture..

..as there are other photographers in the waiting..

..completely took advantage of the D850 "face-detection" feature to NOT have the auto-focus on the tip of the fake gun instead of the "eyes"..

I still don't know what you are bragging about...........

it isn't shallow DOF (55 f4) and it isn't a fast subject.  This is a pic I could have taken with my 6d just as quickly

If your point was to show off how useless another feature is you failed. You only showcased that a feature is "useless for you" or that you are not very knowledgeable on the subject

..Cheers, John..

golfhov's gear list:golfhov's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow