Animal Eye AF

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
golfhov Forum Pro • Posts: 10,614
Re: All my cameras have it

Chikubi wrote:

Laybourne wrote:

Bob A L wrote:

They will all let me focus on any animal's eye as long as it is visible. But if my camera ever starts picking out what to focus on by itself, it's going in the trash bin. That's my job.

I would hate to see how you feel about your camera metering for you, tracking a subject, or bracketing on it's own......

Reminds me of the author who said it was his job to hunt and peck the keys on his keyboard. He drew a few chuckles and winces from the real authors in the room whose job it was to write stories.

And yet the author who said it was his job to hunt and peck the keys on his keyboard is what makes your story salient, not the others. Sounds like he was a bit more clever with his wordcraft and knew better what it takes to make oneself standout from the rest. Actual skill nearly always wins in the end.

it does but skilled people like tools too. Last time I checked the sidelines of sporting events weren't full of manual focus cameras, wedding shooters seem to have forsaken the assistant with the light meter for most of their event work, and I don't even know if you can still purchase flash bulbs....maybe black powder?

golfhov's gear list:golfhov's gear list
Panasonic LX10 Sony a7R II Sony a7 III Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow