Photographers Ruin Parties By Invading Personal Space With 24-70mm Lenses

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FluidKnowledge Regular Member • Posts: 454
Photographers Ruin Parties By Invading Personal Space With 24-70mm Lenses

I was just watching some YouTube wedding photography videos and one thing that really stood out to me as insane is how photographers think it is okay to get on the dance floor with tiny 24-70mm lenses and put them practically in the faces of people dancing to get some cliche background spinning photos. It is a huge physical invasion of personal space and the photographer is now hugely visible to everyone and the center of attention with a huge camera going into everyone's face. Not to mention that the photographer looks so cheesy and doesn't fit in with the crowd, and cannot dance.

It's not the first time I've seen a YouTube video of a hired photographer doing this at a party or wedding. How in the world does any photographer think this is okay to do? Put down your puny 24-70mm and go sit at the side with a 70-200mm. If you are standing in the middle of the dance floor interrupting everyone, you are a bad photographer and deserve to have your camera taken away.

Photographers at weddings and parties should neither be seen nor heard. It is unforgivable what some so called hired professionals are doing.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow