Best Photo Editing Laptop 2019

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SushiEater
SushiEater Veteran Member • Posts: 9,734
Re: Very best laptops are Mobile Workstations

sygnus21 wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

I just looked at Lenovo TopSeller ThinkPad P52 and I don't see anything in it that makes it any better than my Alienware M15.

Well we don't know the system specs of your model, but we do know it's a gaming laptop, whereas the Lenovo is a business class laptop. Bottom line: to adequately compare we need definitive system specs.

My system specs are in my very first post in this thread which is basically identical to the Lenovo except after upgrade and my screen is 4K.

Personally I'd never buy a gaming laptop, let alone an Alienware because I don't take them serious like I would Lenovo's business laptops. But that's me.

Why? What difference does it make if it is called Gaming or Workstation? Gaming rigs usually provide the best performance than any other computer.

Sometimes it's not always about the parts, but also the build. My 2017 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga isn't the prettiest laptop, but it is built to handle rough handing and minor drops. Do I plan on dropping my laptop... hell no, but there is some comfort in knowing it possibly could support such a bonehead move.

I am not exactly sure how my M15 is made but the newest one has chassis made out of magnesium I believe. Also, my laptop has no moving parts except for fans.

Also, M15 being thin and light has more expandability I have seen in any laptop of this size.I have chosen largest battery and still have two M.2 slots. With standard battery I could also add 2.5" drive. It does support 64GB of memory though Dell does not publish it. It may not be the best laptop but it is pretty close considering size, weight and performance.

Maybe your 2017 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga is made out of carbon fiber hybrid material but it certainly does not have the same performance as M15.

Point is there are other things to consider than just the hardware.

This thread started by OP asking about best laptop for photos. I just don't see how your 2017 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga is the best here or those in the link you provided.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow