Peter Lik

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
bjn70 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,444
Re: Peter Lik

I am not knowledgeable enough to know how "original" his work is, but I know there has been some controversy around whether certain images are composite, how much PP is reasonable, and the relative merits of his extraordinary ability to self-promote.

That said his images certainly are striking.

I agree his images are striking, and the subjects are awesome.  I have no doubt that there is a lot of processing involved, and probably some compositing as well.  Everybody does PP manipulation, and a lot of the landscape images posted here that gather positive comments are surely VERY much manipulated.  I've watched videos of PP and the finished product looks nothing like the shot out of the camera.  I have some problem with that but extreme manipulation is so common that it is completely accepted.  Therefore how would someone complain about compositing?

I wonder how PL became so popular and other talented photographers have not, maybe it is chance and maybe it is self promotion.  When I was in high school I had considered photography as a career but I recognized that freelance photography was more about self promotion than about photography so I went into another career.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow