Peter Lik

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,119
Re: Peter Lik

Crash N Burn wrote:

Peter Lik strikes me as a very, very dishonest "photographer." "Fabricator" might be more apropos.

I bet he has a team of minimum wage interns huddled over his images, working desperately to composite the rather uninspired originals into something passably compelling--and largely failing--and another minimum wage PR team working desperately to credibly deny that some (most?) of his work is composited--and also failing.

I have no opinion on the compositing part of it, but I wonder how you know that these folks are being paid only minimum wage...? To be be using Photoshop like that (or whatever imaging program that they use there) particularly at a level that a pro like Lik would require is really a skilled type craft and one that I'd expect that folks would be paid good money for...

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow