Peter Lik

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
lilBuddha Veteran Member • Posts: 4,376
Re: Peter Lik

drynn wrote:

Don Lacy wrote:

... The highest price paid for one of his prints at auction is right around 6,000.00

Peta Pixel reported: Australian landscape photographer Peter Lik has taken the crown for most expensive photo ever sold. “Phantom,” the picture shown above, was sold to a private collector for a staggering $6.5 million. The record was previously held by Andreas Gursky’s “Rhein II”, which sold for $4.3 million back in 2011.

So whereas others may be concerned about the auction prices, I doubt that he is if can move them privately at those kind of prices

Value is not determined by unverified sales, it is rather pathetic that the claims made about such are reported as news and not with extreme caution.

I was incorrect when I said the only issue I have is his not being open about manipulation¹.

I do not like his arrogance, but that is not a valid complaint against art.

He markets to those who do not follow the art establishment and I like that. However, I dislike the pricing structure and the lack of real value after sale. It feels very slimy and dishonest.

¹Though his gallery has admitted that Moonlit Dreams is a composite.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow