Peter Lik

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Don Lacy
Don Lacy Senior Member • Posts: 2,045
Re: Peter Lik

drynn wrote:

Don Lacy wrote:

... The highest price paid for one of his prints at auction is right around 6,000.00

Peta Pixel reported: Australian landscape photographer Peter Lik has taken the crown for most expensive photo ever sold. “Phantom,” the picture shown above, was sold to a private collector for a staggering $6.5 million. The record was previously held by Andreas Gursky’s “Rhein II”, which sold for $4.3 million back in 2011.

So whereas others may be concerned about the auction prices, I doubt that he is if can move them privately at those kind of prices

The highest resale value at auction was 15,850 for  ghost a color version of the phantom it doesn’t matter what you paid Peter for it no one else is going to pay those prices for it on the open market. That was a private sale and as far as I know was never verified while Gursky’s Rhein II was a public sale at auction. Like I said if you pay up to and over a 100,000.00 for one of Peters prints you did not make an investment and you will not recoup your money the majority of his sales are to uneducated art buyers who walk into his gallery.

https://news.artnet.com/market/new-york-times-exposes-peter-lik-photography-scheme-264858

Don Lacy's gear list:Don Lacy's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M100 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow