Peter Lik

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,424
Re: Peter Lik

roytempest wrote:

I was fortunate enough to travel to Las Vegas on business last week and, while I was there, took a quick look inside one of Peter's very expensive stores. Being a member of the proletariat, obviously I didn't buy any of his work.

I remembered that there is a lot of controversy in the photography community around his work.

I am not knowledgeable enough to know how "original" his work is, but I know there has been some controversy around whether certain images are composite, how much PP is reasonable, and the relative merits of his extraordinary ability to self-promote.

That said his images certainly are striking.

Thoughts?

The complaint is that they're mostly just cliche' and lack originality and I tend to agree.

Many of his images are quite stunning in person and certainly some are quite beautiful. I enjoyed walking through his Caesars gallery. Color me jealous actually.

And if I had that portfolio and was able to promote myself into that kind of prosperity, I wouldn't pay much attention to my critics.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow