Real cameras with telephoto lenses could have avoided this

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Smaug01
Smaug01 Senior Member • Posts: 2,625
I saw it in person

I was at Yellowstone two years ago with my family. There are signs EVERYWHERE saying to stay away from the animals.

...but a few stupid people look around, see that there is no ranger watching them, and decide to do it anyway. Then, others watching see this guy "get away with it" and they want close pictures too. So they all get close.

I'm amazed it doesn't happen MORE often.

To your humorous point: yes, a proper camera and telephoto lens could have helped avoid that. But people like to think their phones do everything, and they don't wan't to hear otherwise. Another example? People see I wear a watch and ask me the time. I tell them "time to get a watch."  Then, they angrily pull out their phone and berate me for my comment. They're convinced that the phone is all they need. I tell them they've gone back to the 19th century where all people had were pocket watches. It falls on deaf ears.

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy
"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow