Travel camera advice for city trip to Porto and Lisbon

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
nik0n Junior Member • Posts: 35
Re: Travel camera advice for city trip to Porto and Lisbon

I've just returned from a trip to Portugal (and Lisbon) and did a lot of thinking and testing of camera gear prior to this trip. I first tested my X-T20 with some small primes and thought it would be the best travel-solution. A few city-trips later I came to the conclusion; I am a zoom-travel-photographer! I ended up with these lenses in my travel kit:

Fujinon 18-55mm f/2.8-4
Fujinon 50-230mm
Laowa 9mm f/2.8

I'm really happy with my choice and the Laowa was such great fun in those tight streets. The 18-55mm was my primary shooter, and in fact I'm now considering getting the 15-45mm as the 18mm often was just a little too tight. I chose the 50-230mm over the 55-200 as it's considerably lighter, reasonably good optically and balances better on the X-T20 (IMHO). I chose these lenses in favour of 14mm f/2.8, 23mm f/2 and 50mm f/2.

The 15-45mm would in my opinion be a good choice for photographing these citys and if I had to pull one lens off from my kit, it would have been the 50-230mm.

Just to mention; the Laowa 9mm is a all manual lens, but at this focal length manual focusing is no problem. Put it on f8 or f11, focus at infinity and you are all set. Focus peaking helps a lot when you once in a while go really close and infinity focus doesn't make it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EMV
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow