Nikkor 35/1.4G not up to high res sensor demands?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Dibyendu Majumdar Contributing Member • Posts: 536
Re: Nikkor 35/1.4G not up to high res sensor demands?

Michiel953 wrote:

Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

Michiel953 wrote:

This is something you read every now and then on the net. I've had mine for nine years now, starting on a D700, now on my D850, with all '8' iterations inbetween.

It's my most used lens, mainly (as all my primes) at f4.0, and I find it perfectly satisfactory, sharpnesswise and of course renderingwise.

Any other feelings? I it "too old, obsolete"? Is my eyesight failing?

Haven't you already answered your question? Since you find it perfectly satisfactory, I would suggest just ignore what anyone says.

Why ignore other opinions? I might actually learn something. Tbh, when first using the 35/1.4G, years ago, I thought it was plagued by hellish field curvature. Turned out it had more to do with accurate AF finetuning.

I think that every person's need is unique and the best way to find out is to try the lenses yourself and see which one works for you.

But my point was that you are already happy with the lens. So don't be unhappy because of what you read on the Internet. Go by your own experience.

Regards

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow