Deleting orphaned raw files

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP woodturner Regular Member • Posts: 181
Re: Deleting orphaned raw files

Seems to work great.  A little different from the 2013 version,  it doesn't try to  download from the card, but it is clear and simple!  Suitable for me in other words.  I would want to do the download separately myself anyway.

Just compares, finds the orphans and offers the option of deleting/recycle bin.  Perfect for the objective, and you can see what is happening.

I am even more impressed to find it seems to work on a single folder. I tried a folder  containing a JPEG/RAW pair, a random JPEG and a different random RAW image.  It correctly marked for deletion  the unpaired RAW, and left the JPEGS and the paired RAW alone.

Therefore  I can use this to compare two separate folders, one of JPEG and one of RAW, or a single folder containing JPEG /RAW as from the camera.

That is great as I can take the folder from the camera in a single folder, do a tag and delete the losers in Fastone for example, run your programme to tidy up, then go on when back at base with the heavier duty work, adding GPS, running DxO from there on a smaller folder.

I  have to leave this till tomorrow now, but will test it "in anger" tomorrow on my airshow shots.  Considering the low number of keepers there, it should give your programme a workout!

Many thanks,

Eric

woodturner's gear list:woodturner's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX10 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow