Anyone want a 500mm PF ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
shuncheung Contributing Member • Posts: 750
Re: Anyone want a 500mm PF ?

itsmehere wrote:

True to their word my 500PF was delivered this afternoon. Going to take a trip to a local wildlife centre on Thursday to try it out on my D500 & Z7 bodies. I’m off to Tanzania on safari in Sept and am taking my 300pf on the D500 & my 70-200f2.8 on my Z7 (at the moment but that can and has changed several times !!) Now I’ve got to decide if I take the 500PF as well. First world problems eh !!

Congrats on the new 500mm PF.

I have been to East Africa twice, Kenya and Tanzania on separate trips, but those were 20 years ago. In 2016 I went to South Africa and Botswana. On the 2016 trip I had both the 80-400mm AF-S and 200-500mm AF-S. The trio: 500mm PF, 300mm PF and 70-200mm/f2.8 would be great for African wildlife, with the 500mm PF for birds and mammals farther away. Add a wide zoom for landscape and maybe a macro lens, and you'll be all set. I would definitely take two bodies, preferably three, to have some backup in case something fails. I have had the aperture diaphragm jammed in Kenya once. Therefore have 3 teles will be a plus.

I'll have my usual request: would you mind sharing the middle two digits of your 500mm PF's serial number, presumably 206?nn (or 207?nn). Some of us are tracking how many Nikon has shipped so far.

Thanks in advance.

shuncheung's gear list:shuncheung's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow