Photo Printers that work well with Pentax DSLRs?

Started Jul 22, 2019 | Questions thread
DHOC_TAZH
DHOC_TAZH Junior Member • Posts: 39
Re: Photo Printers that work well with Pentax DSLRs?

I've been using a hp OfficeJet 8100 for six years now. I'm amazed I can still get ink for it, even though it's a discontinued model. I put up with having it replaced twice. At least support was awesome for me, as I paid nothing for shipping the broken units; hp covered all that. 
My workflow is using RawTherapee for my edits. I transfer to GIMP if I need or want more effects on my photos that RawTherapee lacks. I use both apps in Ubuntu Studio (Linux) for the majority of my photo edits, and print from there as well.
My only recommendation is to avoid the third party ink/toner suppliers. There may be good alternatives, but for me, nothing's worked better than the manufacturer's ink IMHO. I use the XL cartridges for my printer vs the cheaper regular ones, as they have more ink in them and are a better value overall.

DHOC_TAZH's gear list:DHOC_TAZH's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Panasonic ZS100 Pentax K-x Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Sony a6300 +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow