23mm vs 16mm f1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Meetmer
Meetmer Contributing Member • Posts: 613
Re: 23mm vs 16mm f1.4

gordonkim wrote:

So I have the 23 1.4 and have been happy with it. However, after my recent vacation, I found myself regretting not getting the the 16mm. It also doesn't help when I read articles saying how great the 16 is.

Question - does it make sense to get the 16 if one already owns the 23? Will I get more utility with the 16 vs. the 23? I'm finding that I'm doing a lot more street and family outings given the smaller size of the X-T3. However, I look a lot of landscape pics on vacation (which is where I wished I had a wider lens).

Thanks.

What about the 10-24 F4 Zoom?   It will give you much additional versatility compared with the 16 mm F1.4.   I have both lenses, I think the IQ is slightly better on the 16, but there are many times when i just want wider than 16.  While the 16 can give you some cool special effects by close focusing and blurring the background, and while it is a sharper lens, the 10-24 also focuses pretty close and can give different types of special effects (like lengthening out the visual field making it look deep  but also can have close objects appear large because you can focus close enough).   Just a thought.

Doug

Meetmer's gear list:Meetmer's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EMV
EMV
EMV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow