Selling the Fuji kit and go for a second DF..maybe ;)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
solamnus
solamnus Senior Member • Posts: 1,565
Selling the Fuji kit and go for a second DF..maybe ;)

Just had to ventilate. In another gear dilemma again. And whatever i choose i know i will have a great camera that i love using, i just try to optimize what i use to be honest, i have been going back and forth and try to change and trade gear for so long i have to start narrow it down to what i really need and want to keep.

I now own a D4 and a Df and several greta lenses for that kit. As well as a Fuji X-T3 plus 3 great lenses for that kit. I recently sold a Leica Q that i loved to get the Fuji kit because i felt i compromised too much just being out with the Q and still wanted something light so i thought the Fuji kit would fit that bill nicely.

And while i really like my Fuji gear, i find myself reaching fo my Df most of the time with my two favorite lenes there the 58G and the 105G. I shoot portraiture most of the time, but sometimes i need a camera for faster stuff and then i have the D4 or the Fuji camera for that.

For portraiture the Df and those two lenses gives me a look i just cannot get with the Fuji though, so sometimes i wonder if i would be more happy just selling the Fuji kit and only be in the native system i already have a great setup for, and maybe get another Df or a D850 to compliment. And if i get the Df i could afford another lens to that as well.

I heard several say stick with Fuji and sell all the Nikon gear, but i would miss it i feel if i got rid of it completely, would always feel like the IQ of my images were good, but not AS good as the Nikons would give me.

Also the X-T3 gives me the speed advantage in a smaller body, but the size advantage and weight is not that significant if you compare to the Df with a smaller lens. it actually feels less heavy than the X-T3 plus a 16mm for example.

But i DO feel i should go either way. Its just a very difficult choice as i loose money each time i upgrade or sell etc and trade for something else..

Any suggestions in this GAS ridden era we are in ;)?

solamnus's gear list:solamnus's gear list
Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +4 more
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D4 Nikon D850 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
qtu
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow