Advice needed for a compact camera

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Kent Ekasak
Kent Ekasak Contributing Member • Posts: 525
Re: Advice needed for a compact camera

R00kiePh0t0 wrote:

Dear photographers,

I am in the market for a compact camera. After some hefty research I narrowed it down that I want a compact (pocket) camera with interchangable lenses and a viewfinder. I am going on travels soon (F1 in Hungary and Asia general and Bali/Lombok later in the year) and I just want a small camera that I can grow into.

In my search I always kept hearing about GM1 and GM5. I love the design and the size of it. However, it seems it is not made anymore and finding it is near impossible. A funny side note is that anyone that has one or wants one sounds like a cultist chanting GM1 and GM5 over and over.

My question to you and if you are willing, would anyone be able to advise me which camera even comes close to what I want. There are so many camera's in 2019 that I cannot see the forest beyond the trees.

Many thanks for however wishes to extend his/her knowledge.

Hi..

I had GF7, which has about the same size as GM, same sensor, same features, but without EVF.. The current model is called GF10, or GX880.. 95% similarity.. The size is great, but the problem is the mechanical shutter speed is only 500, so it's not good for your F1 because of potential roller shutter.. Besides, the built quality is good but seems not so much durable for tough traveling..

Then you have GX85 or better cousin GX9.. It's bigger than GF, but worth the burden of additional weight/size.. EVF, IBIS, much better built, mechanical shutter up to 4,000, 4K, and list goes on and on..

I used to travel with GF7 as single camera.. Then switch to GX85+GF7 as my traveling combo.. Now, they becomes GX9+GX9..

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow