Advice needed for a compact camera

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
windmillgolfer
windmillgolfer Forum Pro • Posts: 16,082
Re: Advice needed for a compact camera

I have GM1/GF7/GM5, G80 x 2 plus Compacts. Of the super compact M43s it is the GF7 that gets most use because I shoot UWA for architecture. The GF7’s articulated screen, with touchscreen functionality, is very handy.

For action shots I think you’d find the GM5 isn’t really good enough, simply because the EVF is too small; great for static shots but not moving targets.

The GX85 is a tad larger than the GM5 and has the additional benefits of: much higher resolution and larger EVF, a tilting screen, plus Dual IS if used with Panasonic lenses e.g. 14-140, 100-300 and 100-400mm.

A GF10 or equivalent plus a GX85 would give you back-up ( that can take any lens) when travelling and the option for a super compact combo in a belt case (with f1.7 Prime or the excellent 12-32mm).

windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow