G85 lens bundle vs. GX85 bundle

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
pannumon Senior Member • Posts: 2,361
Re: G85 lens bundle vs. GX85 bundle

FunGuy66 wrote:

My experience with the 45-200 on the G85 was that it could be very good with close subjects, while using it to zoom in on distant subjects generally made its flaws obvious. Purple fringing can also be an issue in some circumstances. (I've since upgraded to the 100-300.)

I had similar experiences with the 14-140 mk 1 lens (f/4-5.8). It was good on close subjects but not so good with distant objects at longest focal lenght. I have used other lenses with similar focal lenght, and I think they were better, but no scientific testing. The otiginal 14-140 and 45-200 were released almost the same time, and they may share design (philosophy).

There is debate on the size of it... to some it's terribly huge, to others it's pretty compact for its reach.

I would not pair it with GX85, but with G85 it may be OK if size is not the main priority.

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +13 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow