Photo Permits for London

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Thad E Ginathom
Thad E Ginathom Regular Member • Posts: 162
Re: Photo Permits for London

Elena16 wrote:

Notice that I want to go in August to London and other cities such as Scotland, a rented vehicle and I do not think you need permission to do so. I think there is a lot of tourism for beech and I do not think it is necessary

I think the problem is probably language. When you say London, do you mean the city of London? London is a city*, and whilst it is huge, it is a tiny part of England. England and Scotland are countries.

These confusions happen. I am English, and used to live in London. Now I live in India and I have sometimes heard things like "My son lives near London: his place is called Manchester."

London has no beaches. It has beeches: beech is a tree! I'm truly sorry about our language: it is bad enough for those of us grow up with it. I have spent a lifetime being confused by sweat and sweet, bear and beer.

It is a beautiful country. I hope will enjoy and take great photographs. I would recommend Cornwall for beaches. You will find everything from sand dunes to dramatic cliffs there.

Too many people visit England and do not get far out of the cities (Often London). Don't fall into the trap!

*Actually, it's even more complicated than that. Within London, there is a small area which is The City of London. What a headache!

-- hide signature --

Just a taker of snapshots

Thad E Ginathom's gear list:Thad E Ginathom's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow