Need advice with neural density filter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
matt888 New Member • Posts: 16
Need advice with neural density filter

Hello,

I bought a ND filter kit because from time to time I want to take picture of stuff like river in the daytime in order to do long time exposure... I am a total beginer with ND filter.

So before to go to 'real' places I tested my ND filter nearby. In order to make a fair comparaison with and withouth filter : I used a tripod and a remote shutter speed release (to avoid camera shaking), same iso 100, same apperture of f22, same auto white balance, picture taken within the same minute. But of course different exposure.

So my camera was mode mode A [Aperture] with f22 and with  iso 100. So I let the camera chose the exposure time. The camera chose 1/5 for the no filter and 1/40 for the filter version.

Here is the result with NO filter

no filter used

Here is the result WITH ND filter

filter used

I did NOT edit the jpg picture I show. I just take them from the SD card without any adjustments.

As you see the picture with NO filter looks far better.

Hence, I would like to have some advices in order to take good picture with my camera (Nikon D3500, lense 35mm 1.8 nikon)

Nikon D3500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow