Advice on 4/3 to A7ii?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
UppercanadianAcadian Forum Member • Posts: 65
Advice on 4/3 to A7ii?

Hi, I’m looking for the expertise of this forum— I have an Olympus Pen EP-5 that is showing its age— the dials are starting to become non-responsive.

I use a portrait 45mm f1.8 (excellent lens), a 17mm f2.8 (mediocre) and the 14-42 kit zoom (average).

I travel and take landscapes, nature photos, and many pics of family and friends.

I love the size, as it is easy to carry hiking.

I edit my raw files about twice a year and make large photo book gifts and large prints.

Other times I just share jpegs with family and friends very easily by linking the jpegs to my phone and sending them out.

When this camera dies, I am unsure if I want to spend $1000 give or take for another Olympus when new Sony A7ii are going for $1400 Canadian with the kit lens.

Used would be even cheaper if I searched.

New 50mm f1.8 goes for $300.

I am thinking that the A7ii with kit lens and the 50mm would give me a great setup.

My questions are for those who are familiar with Olympus, does Sony have the equivalents of the Olympus live bulb, live composite, in-camera HDR, in-camera focus stacking?

I assume the A7ii has a good wifi to send Jpegs to a phone, but I’m sure I will miss the Olympus ‘dramatic tone’ and a few other jpeg filters, but that is not serious.

EDIT: I see that the 50mm f1.8 is an E mount. So this is not the native mount to the A7ii. This is not good. I’m just looking for the basic kit zoom plus an additional 50mm fast lens (basically equivalent to what I am used to shooting now).

UppercanadianAcadian's gear list:UppercanadianAcadian's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow