Deleting orphaned raw files

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
woodturner Regular Member • Posts: 181
Deleting orphaned raw files

I had a disappointing trip to an airshow on Saturday, mostly low grey cloud, very little no sun or blue sky.

As a result I have a large folder of Raw + Jpeg,  mostly of dull grey planes against a dull grey sky.  Some are keepers but not many.

So, review the JPEGS, pick the keepers/ones worth working in detail on and delete the rest.

Thus left with a folder with a few JPEGS, and many orphaned RAW I don't want.

How to simply delete the orphaned raw??

Seems to have been a topic around 6 years ago, not anything since.  some people wrote some programming to do it, but these seem to be batch files which require a higher level of competence than I have.   There was a 2013 program called photoutility aimed  precisely at the issue, but I have spent several hours struggling and cannot get it to work for me.

Is there something very simple out there that just looks to see if the raws have a matching JPEG, and deleted them if not?

woodturner's gear list:woodturner's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX10 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro +7 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow