Beatsy wrote:

Hank Radt wrote:

Paul Barnard wrote:

Steve W wrote:

ClementPhotos wrote:

dv312 wrote:

Cropping, cropping, and more cropping

Ultra necessary for birding

This is about the only reason I need to put a7R IV on my shopping list.

a7R IV + 200-600! You can't get away from me now, birds! (well, in the near future lol)

Don't kid yourself. They will still get away from you They are smarter than we think.

so very true. Last week I sat for three hours near a creek waiting for an egret to make an appearance. 100-400 and TC on camera, batteries charged and lots of enthusiasm. Didn’t see one at all, not even flying by. Next day I didn’t take the 100-400 just the 25. I went to the creek to get some landscape shots and 4 egret decided to hang around all day. They obviously can tell the difference between wide angle and telephoto

*!%?$&# birds...

Our fault. We ate all the big dumb slow ones!

Well we ate all the big slow ones we created by overfeeding them and keeping them in pens.  We have a lot of real wild turkeys here and they are faster and travel in packs  so other than being hit by the occasional automobile while not looking both ways they do pretty well.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
CE3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow