Free Used Epson Stylus 9900 and 9800

Started Jul 22, 2019 | Questions thread
mike earussi Veteran Member • Posts: 8,757
Re: Free Used Epson Stylus 9900 and 9800

jpatburke wrote:

My neighbor at work (Big Dig Graph Co) just tossed a few Wide format platters. Epson Stylus 9900 and 9800. These guys always throw out valuable stuff they just dont wont... So my question is should I see if they work and are worth repairing? I know vague question... Im capable of fixing anything but should i invest the 5-10 hours it might take to even find out? Im an artist and can make money with a photo quality plotter... Ill call them Monday and see if they have any info... Any info would help. Thanks.

If they have ink and can be tested then go ahead as you've got nothing to lose. But if they don't have any ink or some are missing then you have to decide just how much money you are willing to invest in an experiment.

But just to let you know those heads plug up real fast if they aren't used everyday and successfully unplugging them can be a real crap shoot. BTW, 9900 heads are a lot harder to unplug than 9800 ones.

They threw them out for a reason, try to find out what that was before proceeding.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow