Advice needed for a compact camera

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Barry Twycross Senior Member • Posts: 1,288
Re: Advice needed for a compact camera

R00kiePh0t0 wrote:

I am in the market for a compact camera. After some hefty research I narrowed it down that I want a compact (pocket) camera with interchangable lenses and a viewfinder.

I don't think there is such a thing, not even the GM1/5 are really pocketable once you put a lens on. I'm learning to do without a viewfinder with a GX850.

The F1 races I've been to in the past few years, I did pretty well with a Panasonic LF1, but they don't make that anymore (hence the GX850). That has a 200mm equivalent lens, and I'd like a little more reach. If I got to another race, I'd be taking that and the 100-300 lens. Though I'd also be tempted by a GX9. It's noticeably bigger than the GX850, but once you mount a lens like the 100-300, it's not that much bigger.

Barry Twycross's gear list:Barry Twycross's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow