Some K-1/Redcat astroimages

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Saabster Regular Member • Posts: 220
Some K-1/Redcat astroimages

I live under fairly light polluted skies. I don't get a chance to get to dark skies often enough for my tastes between what I call the WWF factor (Work, Weather, Family).

My main set up is a Losmandy G-11, Pentax K-1 and a variety of lenses and telescopes. I recently picked up a Whitecat 51, and while I love it, it's useless in my backyard. I've got an OIII filter and I decided to see how it would work with the K-1 and Whitecat.

Below are Mono versions (about 20 min total each) since the OIII filter on a DSLR gives a weird green color that I can't reconvert to normal coloration.

I shot the Veil Nebula and it's the first time I was able to capture the whole thing. I obviously need more time on the Veil, but so fat I'm impressed with the combination of the Whitecat and K-1. I've got an Optolong L-Enhance filter on it's way to me. this looks like it might be the solution to my issues.

The Lagoon and Trifid were nice and bright, and I can't wait to reshoot these in color from a dark site. I was amazed at how large the Lagoon really is. When I was shooting it, it was just above the trees in my back yard. , and if it was as close as Orion is, it would be far brighter than the Orion Nebula is.

Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow