G85 lens bundle vs. GX85 bundle

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
brentbrent Veteran Member • Posts: 3,936
Re: G85 lens bundle vs. GX85 bundle

I've owned or own the 12-32 and the 45-150, and both deliver good images. Most owners of the 12-60 f/3.5-5.6 seem to praise it. It is more versatile than the 12-32 and is also weather-resistant, a plus. Note that the 12-32 does not have a manual focus ring. On Panasonic cameras you can supposedly manually focus it using buttons on the back or a slider on the LCD, but I consider it strictly an autofocus lens.

Never owned the 45-200. From comments by others on the original version of this lens, I regarded it as a big heavy dog with mediocre image quality, but I've read comments by some people praising the Mark II version of this lens, so perhaps it's fine.

My choice of two out of those four lenses would be the 12-60 and the 45-150, but since that combination is not an option, I think I'd still go with the G85 bundle.

But if the smaller size and rangefinder-style body of the GX85 appeal to you, that's a good bundle as well.

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow