Travel camera advice for city trip to Porto and Lisbon

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,157
Re: Travel camera advice for city trip to......, geometrical...

pedrito24 wrote:

biza43 wrote:

As always, it depends on what you take pics of. For general purpose "I am undecided" situaiotn, take the zoom. If not, take the X100.

Well, that's kind of obvious, isn't it? I was asking more about people's experience with travelling with either systems, and possibly related to the destinations I will be visiting.

I generally take pictures of landscapes (or cityscapes), architecture and street life. Or scenes that particularly capture my attention (can be some special light, or colours, or geometrical pattern etc.)

In Portugal you will  notice the old culture of ceramic tiles and other ceramic stuff  - with geometrical patterns. On walls and streets, everywhere . A zoom probably works - so that you can isolate the forms from walls. Some houses are quite special IMO

Daytime street life can be interesting, not sure how it is in the night  - try also the trams in Lisbon. There are high hills...to climb and to use local elevators

-- hide signature --

Kari
I started SLR photography in 1968, first DSLR was Canon 40D in 2007. Now Fujifilm X-E3 is my favourite traveling camera - also NEW! 5DMkIV for landscapes, BIF/nature .

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EMV
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow