D850 incorrect exposure esp. in aperture priority mode?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jkmin Junior Member • Posts: 42
D850 incorrect exposure esp. in aperture priority mode?

I noticed that D850 gave under exposed photos in aperture priority mode in many cases by 0.7 to 1 stop in the past, so I took some photos to find out more about the exposure in Aperture priority mode. I compared the exposures with D610 photos.

It looks like if the scene is a little dark, it gives under-exposure and over-exposure if the scene is bright in aperture priority mode when viewed in histograms whereas the D610 gives consistently right exposure with the histogram somewhere in the middle.

I used the 24-70mm f2.8G for D850 and 85mm f1.4D for D610 and the same settings for both D610 and D850, and I checked the exp compensation, Active D Lighting, and bracketing were not on. The 24-70mm lens works find with D610, and I do not think this lens difference or focal length difference makes a difference in exposure.

Is this D850 behavior normal or is it in need of service by Nikon?

Thank you very much.

D850. sunny sky gives about 0.7 stop under exposure

D850. shady backyard gives just about right exposure

D850. sunny wooden wall gives a little over exposure

D610. sunny sky give a good exposure.

D610. shady backyard gives a good exposure.

D610. sunny wooden wall gives a good exposure.

jkmin's gear list:jkmin's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow