Display limitations with fast lenses?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheSonyEnthusiast
TheSonyEnthusiast Regular Member • Posts: 259
Display limitations with fast lenses?

So Im currently out shooting with my A99M2 and decided to toss on my SAL3514G to take a landscape shot after fiddling with snowy egrets using my 70-400.  Once on, I noticed the displayed exposure only adjusted to a point irrespective of the actual photo taken, and zebra still showed up regardless of f-stop,  shutterspeed, and ISO (ex:  1/8000 s, f22, ISO 50 showed as normal exposure).

I checked the aperture lever and aperture preview buttons, both work respectively and the lens could stop all the way down.  I tried my SAL100M28 as well and same thing happened:  camera display doesn't track with exposure seen in photos, neither does the histogram when the display is switched to that.

Is there a setting that was adjusted accidentally or does the camera display actually prevent the under exposure with fast lenses, thus requiring I either check my metering or take a preview shot?

-- hide signature --

I make my own repairs at home.

TheSonyEnthusiast's gear list:TheSonyEnthusiast's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A77 +30 more
Sony a9 Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow