I am depressed about that Amazon $94.48 sale...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
neod Regular Member • Posts: 132
I am depressed about that Amazon $94.48 sale...

In case you weren't aware, Amazon sold all kinds of DSLRs, Mirrorless bodies, lenses and even telescopes at around 3pm EST on Monday, July 15th for less than a hundred bucks each. As someone who has to get up before 6am to get ready for a regular work day, I was obviously asleep during the hour or so this "mistake" was live on the site.

According to the Slickdeals thread, many many people were able to order multiple bodies and lenses. Most of these people are definitely bargain hunters (hence why they were on Slickdeals at midnight PST or 3am EST)... but many of them are also people who don't care about photography or know about the stuff they bought beyond the fact that they got $3,000 bodies or a $2,000 lens for $94.48 each. They will be selling these items for near retail and earning tens of thousands of dollars due to their sheer luck!

As someone who loves to take photos and who at times can't afford equipment that they would like to own, reading that Slickdeals thread is beyond depressing. Amazon is for whatever reason mum on the topic and apparently keeps shipping equipment that was ordered during the glitch sale.

At the end of the day it's similar to knowing that many many people hit the lottery (which happens all the time), but the connection of this event with photography really makes me extra depressed and jealous of all the people who "got in."

neod's gear list:neod's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a6500 Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow