Any Canon 5D classic users switch to Fuji?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nixchan
nixchan New Member • Posts: 24
Any Canon 5D classic users switch to Fuji?

Fujifilm XE1 is my first camera and I love the fuji colors. I have tried other mirrorless such Olympus em1, Sony A7ii and Leica Q but none of them produce the nice skin tones like the Fujifilm and I have sold them. I am very weak in editing and don't wish to spend too much time editing the photos either. Currently I own the Xe3 and a couple of fuji lens which I love.

Having no experience with canon and nikon DSLR, i recent chanced upon a video showing how Canon produce beautiful portraits images that requires very little editing. In particular, I am referring to the Canon 5D classic which is said to produced filmy like photographs which is not found in the 5D mkii and above. 2nd hand 5D classic is very affordable on eBay, hence, I am interested to check it out. However, I don't want to just rely on 1-2 source to pull the trigger as it is a very old camera.

I am very curious if anyone who switched from Canon 5D classic to Fuji. Is the colors very impressive? I don't do huge printing, so 12megapixel should be fine for a A4 printing. I understand 5D is a very heavy tank.

I am shooting mainly my little 1.5 year old girl and I am not selling my Fujifilm Xe3. I am just thinking of adding another camera into my dry cabinet to play around.

Any advise for me if the Canon 5D classic is a wise buy for me?

nixchan's gear list:nixchan's gear list
Sony RX100 IV +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus E-M1 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow