Is "kaizen" still a thing?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fuji Maine Regular Member • Posts: 450
Is "kaizen" still a thing?

Part of the draw to Fuji for me was the kaizen philosophy of continuing to feature pack cameras after their release so bodies stayed relevant in the market long after their release date. The XT2 was a fantastic example of this. I was well aware that when buying my XH1 I was purchasing at the end of the model cycle. That said, with the exception of focus stacking and a natural evolution of learning how to develop ibis, which upon release was a bit inferior relative to competition, there's been no meaningful updates for the camera. The XT3 got the AF algorithm update which was launched in the xt30 but that's pretty much just learning the ins and outs of the new processor so there's an argument to be made that they could and should have had that at launch for the XT3 if they didn't rush it to market in time for Christmas.

Point being, there doesn't seem to be any real updates and feature additions anymore nor has there been for a hot minute now. Even in my case with the XH1 there are plenty of things that they could improve within the restrictions of the old processor. I just wonder if the business model has changed and kaizen has just become the fancy name for bug fixes like every other company does.

Curious what others thoughts are on the subject and if the Kaizen philosophy was just blown out of proportion to begin with or if it's just gone away with regards to the spirit of what it had been.

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow