Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Buddhamakessense Regular Member • Posts: 109
Re: Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

SpacemanUA wrote:

Buddhamakessense wrote:

Have you ACTUALLY tried it though? You have to pixel peep to see the difference in bokeh between those two f stops. The OSS vs wider aperture, they cancel one another out. The sharpness...I didn't say the Sony were as sharp, I said the exact opposite. Why counter with my own point?

Yes, I ACTUALLY tried it. I need as much background separation as I can get with APS-C sensor. Sony 50/1.8 is not as good for it as Sigma. And if forces to use it stopped down which is not an issue with Sigma. So it's plain and simple: Sigma has way better IQ while Sony is more affordable. And if money is not a problem, I cant hardly see anyone choosing Sony here.

I said sharper lenses produce flatter images...if that's a trade off you're willing to go for, great. I can't stand flat images, personally.

This is just ridiculous. Where did you get that?

Buddhamakessense wrote:

SpacemanUA wrote:

Sigma 30/1.4 and 56/1.4 are not oversized at all. 16/1.4 is pretty big, but just as big as Sony 24/1.4GM and has no real rivals. As for distortion - it's 2019 and it's corrected in-camera or by a profiles in RAW editing software.

At the expense of cropping the image.

1-2%? Okaay. Such a problem for 85mm eq. lens.

Micro contrast. Google it. I'm not your tutor.

Buddhamakessense's gear list:Buddhamakessense's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow