Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Old Ricoh User
Old Ricoh User Contributing Member • Posts: 685
Re: Truth = because its $ PROFITABLE $, selling expensive Toy for Old Men

007peter wrote:

Batdude wrote: I mean, who on earth needs so much resolution??? I am going to guess that only a few photographers need such cameras. I certainly don't.

While I do agree with you, I feel the need to point out:

• the world Do Not Revolve around you
  • just because you don't need it, doesn't means others don't need it
  • If other people are willing to PAY for it, what is it TO YOU??
  • Go buy what you need, but also
  • Allow others to ENJOY whatever the TOY they want to buy
  • Stop being a Camera Nazi - forcing people to conform to you narrow mindedness

I'm not happy regarding where the camera industry is heading why?

1) Having to edit large files for no good reason

2) Too time consuming

3) Will have to upgrade computer system and hardware. I just did that close to two years ago and I'm already starting to feel like the system I got is too slow and I'm only PP 16MP files. Yes for sure I have noticed that storage has gone down in price dramatically but still, what's the point?

EASY, don't buy Sony A7R1/R2/R3/R4, and don't buy any 50mp Fuji Mid Format. Done!

Yeah I can simply select the lower resolution file size setting in the camera, but still, what's the point?

the point is YOU are NOT the target of a $3500 camera. Its too expensive, too many resolution, too many feature for you to afford.

I have no beef with that but man I think this is getting way our of hand and I find all this ridiculous.

Just don't buy it. I don't see the problem. I"m mainly a video shooter myself, so these Mega-pixel monster are lost on me. However, I don't go around FORCING traditonal still shooter to buy into my needs for a Low Resolution video camera with amazing high iso.

Lastly, the only reason why Camera Industry is keep making these Mega-Pixel Monster is because it is highly $ Profitable $ to sell them. MegaPixel monster are:

• Targeted @old male retiree between 50+ ~ 100yrs
  • They work hard for their money, and hardly spend on themselves
  • They often put their wife & children 1st, but now it is time to Reward Himself
  • He is too old to ride a Hardly Davidson, without an arching back
  • He is too fat to get inside an uncomfortable Ferrari that is barely 47" in height
  • He has Money to Burn but need a TOY that he can spend his money on
  • That is where Sony A7RIV and Fuji GX comes in
  • That is when men don't bat an eye spending $5000 on super-telephoto
  • It is the Last Toy before they died
  • this is highly profitable market for the camera makers

It is NOT for you, nor for me, but there are plenty of MEN who are willing to buy them. Who are you to tell them what to do with their hard-earned money???

Yeah, sure..

I'll let you when a day passes where I don't see some late 20s early 30s something at my coffee shop comparing their latest cameras. It's funny watching them with a new camera every 6 to 10 months.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow