Would I be satisfied with an FZ1000's IQ vs my RX100?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mina J
Mina J Veteran Member • Posts: 3,581
Re: Would I be satisfied with an FZ1000's IQ vs my RX100?

snappyden wrote:

Morning,

I'm seriously thinking about buying an FZ1000 to compliment my RX100i. But I don't want a camera with IQ any worse than my RX100i. I know many of you had/have the FZ1000 and many have upgraded to the RX10IV as well. I think its pretty well established that the RX10IV has better IQ than the FZ1000 (as well as many other improvements), but I've also read many comments that the FZ1000 produces similar IQ in many circumstances, and I don't pixel peep, shoot in low light often or shoot video.

I'm considering the RX10IV also, but the size and cost has relegated that camera to 2nd choice at this point. I'm quite well versed on the advantages of the RX10IV and its capabilities, just really interested in your thoughts on FZ1000 IQ and how it compares to my RX100i, which from all I've read here and elsewhere, is quite similar in decent light to all other RX100 models.

I primarily view my images on my new 27"iMac.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Den

The below cite may help in making your decision. I don't know if you have explored it before.

https://cameradecision.com/compare/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ1000-vs-Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100

I took my FZ1000 with me when I went to see Van Morrison at Blenheim Palace. I remember thinking, as I walked around the grounds, how much I liked the weight, because it was a bit lighter than the RX10 I had already purchased.

I later loaned the Pany to my son and his family for their trip to Disney World in Florida and they loved it. When they returned I decided to gift it to them.

Here are a few from the concert with the FZ1000 (all Jpegs). I don't think you will be at all unhappy if you decide to buy the Panasonic FZ1000. I don't know if you considered the FZ1000 2.

One of my favorites

And this one to

Last shot of the day before leaving the beautiful palace

Mina

-- hide signature --

"A photograph is a mirror that remembers"
By Blind Tom 1849-1908

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Nikon D300 Nikon D750
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow