New Olympus MFT 1.4 prime lenses?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 13,877
Re: New Olympus MFT 1.4 prime lenses?

Vincent in Geneva wrote:

I can only rejoice at this news reporting Olympus patents for f1.4 lenses:

https://www.43rumors.com/new-olympus-patent-discloses-the-10mm-12mm-14mm-and-16mm-f-1-4-primes-design/

My wish list to make them unique in a crowded MFT lens market:

- much smaller/lighter than f1.2 series

Hopefully a little smaller and lighter.  Much smaller and lighter is asking too much.

- aperture ring like the Panasonic 15mm/1.7

Not on an Olympus.

- Olympus manual focus clutch mechanism and focus scale

Hopefully so if they are in the Pro line of lenses.

Currently, as far as I know, nobody else offers this in MFT yet, and it would make manual operation a full option on MFT (I know there are Voigtländer lenses, but they’re big and heavy...)!

I am guessing the 12mm F1.2 lens will be announced in a few months.  I will most likely buy it since I really don't think the 12mm F1.4 lens will be released any time soon.  Then again the upcoming E-M5.3 will need a few new lenses to match up with it.  Olympus as stated that they will be going smaller.

Now the 10mm F1.4 is really interesting.  It will make a nice uwa lens with potential for milky way night landscape photography. The 14mm f1.4 might be a nice focal length since the FF 25mm was considered a classic focal length.  Then again Olympus also has a patent for a 14mm F1.2 lens.  Which one will reach the market if any is anyone guess.

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +38 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow