Epson software loading problem

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Erik Ohlson
Erik Ohlson Forum Pro • Posts: 21,370
Epson software loading problem

I have an old Intel Core Duo iMac from 2011 with an SSD Drive installed.

I also have an Epson ET 2650 "Ink Tank" printer which worked just fine when I bought it and downloded the Epson software to run it on Mac OS 10.6.8 which I used at the time.

Then I - foolishly it turns out - "Upgraded" my iMac to "El Capitan" which I do not like because it wants to put my pictures into some proprietary thing that really makes it harder to locate what I want from my camera.

I also don't like what El Capitan does with the "SPOTLIGHT" function - it seems to want o search the WEB, and not MY computer. The printer worked fine in El Cap.

So, I went back to my old operating System: OS 10.6.8 and everything works fine EXCEPT the Epson printer - when I download the EPSON Software, it won't install - the installation gets up to 71% and declares an "Error". I've tried downloading the software sevreal times - no change - and this on a Computer/Printer pair that use to work very well together.

As far as I have been able to determine, Epson no longer has a functioning Tech Support: I can find no phone # or online support except some really basic "FAQ"s.

Any ideas?

Might it help to re-load Snow Leopard (10.6.8) from the disks? Would doing so compromise the Mac itself?

(Presently loaded from disks and upgraded from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8.)

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow