Nikon D7100: focus and recompose on Live View in remote mode

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
banskt New Member • Posts: 3
Nikon D7100: focus and recompose on Live View in remote mode

I am trying to shoot landscape with back button focus, on a tripod with a remote. I compose in Live View and focus with the back button (AE/AL button), then recompose. However, when I press the remote, the camera focuses again.

The manual (p128) says: "If auto- or single-servo autofocus is selected or the camera is in live view in delayed or quick-response remote mode, the camera will automatically adjust focus before shooting; if the camera is unable to focus in viewfinder photography, it will return to stand-by without releasing the shutter."

Is it possible to focus and recompose and shoot with a remote in Live View? If not, what do you use to avoid this problem? Currently, I am switching off the live view and then pressing the remote to avoid this automatic refocusing.

This question was also asked here but without any answer: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57560371

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow