Issues with Polarr Pro

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ZekeinSF New Member • Posts: 2
Issues with Polarr Pro

Hi All,

This is my first post on DPReview and it concerns an oddity in the quality of images edited with Polarr Pro.  Firstly I have been a user of the app since it was pretty new, before the subscription era and have it on my Mac, HP running Linux, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet, and S10 Plus phone.

I noticed that when compared to an unedited jpeg and viewed side by side with the original unedited photo, the quality of the photo within the polar Polarr app is slightly washed out, lacking the level of detail and saturation.  It's not difficult to see either. When saved within the app, after doing no edits at all the file size is smaller than the original.  I'm guessing this means there is data missing from the saved photo and that data is the detail that is no longer there?  I am a somewhat new photographer only shooting for a few years and I'm not that familiar with processing as I probably should be,2 I'm certainly a novice.  I reached out to Polarr and was told they could not duplicate it whereas I can duplicate it on all four devices I listed above.  Can any other Polarr users confirm this?  I don't consider the app to be at the professional level but I certainly don't expect it to dumb down my photos right out of the gate making them look worse than they actually are.  This causes me to make adjustments that wouldn't be necessary when using a different app.  Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow