Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
robert1955 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,382
Re: It's the future

Old Ricoh User wrote:

lewiedude2 wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

https://petapixel.com/2019/07/19/is-sonys-pace-of-innovation-actually-hurting-the-photo-industry/

How about this: if it is on petapixel it is probably click bait and not worth your time

Total waste of the time I spent reading and I stopped when

you stopped to early, because there was also a gem about the annual refresh rate, in which he counted all A7 models as one to get such a rate

the author reasoned the point that was being made where Sony, as a conglomerate, can spend more on R&D

They could in theory, but in a diversified conglomerate divisions either have to generate their onw R&D money or compete internally

than Canon and Fuji. Sure, more than Nikon or Leica, but Canon and Fuji?? How are those two MAJOR conglomerates at a disadvantage with Sony and are labeled as companies not innovating by way of R&D leading to productively innovative products???? Sure, Canon was slow to get to the mirrorless sector, but they did. Fuji? They have been innovating like crazy since the X-T1. Come on. This thread needs to get euthanized.

Who has made the majority of the sensors for these cameras up until last year ?

With the market shares I'd say Canon is the biggest maker of photographic sensors

Sony is far ahead of Canon and somewhat ahead of Fuji which is a good thing. Fuji is still making cameras for photographers first and not gear heads even though some on here act like one. If Fuji was they would already have consumer grade cameras that were 36 or 50 megapixels, they would have 5 way stabilization, they would have 3 or 4 variations of the same camera,

all xtrans cameras of the same generation are basically the same camera

and they would be upgrading their cameras every 9 months. Don't compare Fuji to Sony and pray to God they don't try to become like them

robert1955's gear list:robert1955's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS XF 90mm
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow